Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management 2015 is out. Gartner did not change the weighting for the major components/core functionalities that an ECM platform should offer.
Vendors Added and Dropped
- Added: SER Group
- Dropped: HP, SunGard and Unisys
According to Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant for ECM, the ECM market grew 6.2 percent in 2014 to a worldwide revenue of $5.4 billion.
Here is the link to the report: http://www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-2Q79LWH&ct=151021&st=sb
I will be updating this blog soon with my observations and opinion.
The Gartner Magic Quadrant represents a snapshot of the ECM market in 2011.
Some facts from Gartner Magic Quadrant for ECM 2011:
- Enterprise content management (ECM) spending actually grew, by 5.1% in 2009 and by 7.6% in 2010.
- ECM software revenue alone was $3.9 billion in 2010.
- And Gartner projects this growth will continue — at an impressive compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% through 2015.
- In Asia/Pacific, ECM is growing in adoption for document and records management, collaboration and knowledge management.
- Verticals such as financial, insurance and legal in Singapore.
- Australia and China are building out customizations as composite content applications (CCAs) incorporating comprehensive workflows.
- Some are looking at case management capabilities or frameworks.
- Records management is another area causing organizations to seek out platforms to adhere to compliance and audit capabilities
You can download Gartner Inc.’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management, 2011 from HERE